Saturday, May 23, 2009

This Blog is Brought to You by...

No, this blog is not brought to you by the origami boulder company, but I totally want to buy one too. That guy is too funny. (By the way, I just now found this page on his site I didn't notice before and it's hilarious.)

Anyway, this is something I've been meaning to do for a LONG time but procrastination is my standard mode of operation, so there you go. I know several people I'd like to help out by giving them a plug on my widely-read, vastly-popular blog. (Ahem.)

Okay seriously, when you're running a business (and for one of these, this business represents their whole livelihood, not just a side business) you can use all the promotion you can get, no matter how small. So check these out, and if you're feeling extra lovely and generous in your heart, spread the word. :)



SPONSOR #1: Photoloom



Okay, this is the real business one and lemme tell you, it's awesome. This is a site that allows you to connect the data of your family tree to your family photos. You don't just see a family tree full of names, you get to see faces. Then you can click on those faces and see what other pictures you have of that person, scroll around through extended relationships, etc. It's flexible enough to allow you to record all the unique family links that pop up as a result of divorce, remarriage, adoption, etc. You can even link the dog if you want to.




Photoloom is fantastic. It's all online so you can set it up so other family members can look at/contribute to your database (if you want) but it's totally secure and safe. Absolutely no one will be able to access information you want kept private.


One of the best things about Photoloom is the way it navigates. Something that drives me batty about certain online family history programs (which shall remain nameless) is having to wait for new brower pages to load while you click on this name, that function, etc. It feels like it takes freaking forever.


But this site is set up some smart computer way I don't understand, which basically allows you to navigate with the same ease you would as if you were using a computer program. That's how fast and seamless it feels. It's amazing.


They offer a free trial, so I encourage you to check it out. (I love free stuff.)


I gotta say too, this site is the primary reason I'm doing this post. Please check it out and if you like what you see, tell your friends how much Photoloom rocks! :)




Sponsor #2: Heaven Scent Candles and Crafts




Okay, I'm practically giddy. These are the only candles that make me drool. They smell sooooo pretty! There are a ton of scents too, and I'd hate for you to get overwhelmed, so let me just help you out and make a few suggestions. (Hee hee, this is the fun part. Okay, I'll calm down now.)


Suggestion #1: Birthday Cake



This. Scent. Rocks. If you only get one, this is the one to get.


Suggestion #2: Cinnamon Apple




I love the smell of this candle AND it's red.



Suggestion #3: Exotic



A very unique scent. It's fantastic.
.
(BTW, I love that all her scents come in these different sizes. The little ones are good for trying out scents, and they still burn for a long time. The big ones are also nice if you're like me and prefer candles without labels on them.)
.
Okay, I guess I can let you do the rest of your shopping. ;) Go to Heaven Scent Candles and Crafts to check out her other offerings.



Sponsor #3: Etsy

Okay, not Etsy exactly. I doubt Etsy needs any advertising from me. But I know two people with Etsy shops and I'm going to give them a little plug.

First up: Decorative Creations

These are one-of-a-kind, handpainted pieces. I love unique stuff that you're not going to see in other people's homes.

My favorites at this site are:



This adorable Denim Pot (though I'd probably plant real flowers in it... and put Brian in charge of keeping them alive) and...




...the Goldfish Candleholder. Can't you just see that in on a bathroom counter?


Anyway, Decorative Creations is a pretty new shop and still building traffic, so be sure to check it out. :)



I've plugged this shop before in response to the request on her blog all those months ago, but it doesn't hurt to do it again. She sells soft light swords so boys can be boys without cracking a skull, and has added a new item, the soft whip. Way cool!










Sponsor #4: I Heart Mesa




Okay, not really a sponsor since this isn't a shop or money-making venture of any sort. But a friend of mine runs it so I'm going to plug it. So there. If you want to find out about cool things to do right here in Mesa, including great places to eat, check out I Heart Mesa.
.
.
.
Sponsor #5: Photoloom



Yes, I know I did this already, but that's how badly I want you to check out their site if you haven't already. I mean, you're not done surfing the net for the day anyway, are you? I thought not. ;) Seriously, if you're looking for a way to organize and preserve your family photos, this is the way to go. Click HERE to see how.

And that's all folks. Did I miss anybody? Anyone else want to take advantage of my free advertising? I'm tellin' ya, it's almost like getting a free Superbowl spot.
.
What? I said almost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sites look super cool! I love a good smelling candle. And the photoloom site...how cool is that.

Oh by the way.....I'm reading your book recommendation of "These is My Words". I must say I'm really loving it!

Renee said...

You are currently my very favorite 1st cousin once removed.

Love ya,
Renee