Friday, May 29, 2009

Ten Questions No One's Ever Asked Me

Over the past few years, I've received a lot of those "getting to know you" type emails you're supposed to send along to a friend. You know, the ones that ask questions like "Do you have a tatoo?" "Beatles or Rolling Stones?" and "How many siblings do you have?" I exchange these with my sparkpeople friends I've made, which is kinda fun because I don't know as much about them.


Lately there's been one going around called "65 Questions You've Probably Never Been Asked." When I got this in my email about a month ago, I thought "Oh good, let's see what they come up with." Because I'm kinda sick of the same old questions.


Some were pretty good. To the question "Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?" I reply: "Is he buying?"

Cuz I'm on a budget George.


But there were still plenty of questions I've seen before. (For the twentieth time, my favorite color is red people. RED!!!!). Which got me thinking, what ARE some questions I've never been asked before? (P.S. to Christy - I'm not ignoring your tag, but the only people I'd flag in a note on Facebook have already seen my answers and I'm too lazy to do it again. ;)


So, without further ado, here are Ten Questions No One's EVER Asked Me:



1. Have you ever been to an Indian Sweat Lodge?

I don't understand why this never comes up. This is the most interesting thing I've ever done and I'd like more opportunities to talk about it. It gives me the chance to pretend my life is exciting.



2. Do you like polar bears?

No one ever asks me about polar bears.



3. How many elementary schools did you attend?

Five. And it sucked. In fact, I still like to complain about it, so ask this question all you'd like.



4. Do you have a miniature tractor in your home?
.
Doesn't everybody?
.
.
.
.
5. Have you ever received a Ladmo bag?
.
Sadly, no.
.
.

6. Did your dad used to watch soap operas?
.
Every day. All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital.
.
.
7. Are you being serious?
.
Yes. I've been meaning to write a post about the enigma that is my dad, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
.
.
8. How many times a day do you fantasize about being a bestselling author?
.
I can't count that high.
.
.
9. Have you ever used milk crates for shelving?
.
If I answer that question, will I need a lawyer?
.
.
10. How fast can you eat a chocolate bunny?
.
Okay, okay, maybe someone's asked me this before. One answer is: I've never timed myself, so I don't know. The other answer is: pretty fast. Size is not a factor.

.
So there you have it. Ten (ish) questions no one's ever asked me.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. That cartoon is so funny. And I love your questions. I wish I could be in a clever, witty mood like you with all my kids home from school. I'll have to hear about the Indian Sweat Lodge sometime, maybe if you invite me to join you and "W" for dinner.

By the way, how many elementary schools have you been to? Just wondering.

Cook Zoo said...

Five! FIVE! Waaaa waaaa waaaa!

;)

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously scratching my head...Soap Opera's...your Dad! REALLY??? That is so funny. I need to hear detail's sometime. Thank's for sharing and putting a smile on my face.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Same wave length, Donna. I'm sick of telling everyone that my favorite ice cream is Breyer's mint chocolate chip and my favorite food is artichokes.

Give me some questions with some meat to 'em, already!

We need to come up with our own little quiz and we're starting with the sweat lodge!

Kimmy said...

Great questions! What is a Ladmo bag?

mad white woman said...

I was going to ask about the Ladmo bag too... consider it question 11.

Susan said...

Love it! Thanx for the laugh today!