Thank you, thank you to all the men and women who have fought for our country's freedom. America isn't a perfect country, but it's pretty awesome. I'm grateful to have been born in a country such as ours. And I'm grateful to all those, past and present, who have given their lives and their service for the rest of us.
A special thank you to Blake, Brian's brother, who has decided to make his career serving in the Marines. Although I was initially nervous about this (for obvious reasons), really I'm so proud of him. He's doing really well and serves honorably. Our country needs men like him and I thank him for all he does.
A special tribute to my Uncle Gene, my mother's brother. He died many, many years before I was born in the Korean War. He has lived on in my mother's heart, and her deep love for him has been passed on to the next generation. I love him too, and I remember him on this special day.
There are others in our combined family who have served, and of course so many soldiers around the world right now who remember their country even though they're far from home.
We remember you and honor you.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Proud To Be An American
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Post a Comment