So, after posting about a book like Three Cups of Tea (not something I would normally read) and the service we're doing as a result (not something I would normally do) I'm feeling compelled to tilt the scales back in the direction of "normal."
One day not too long ago, I had been on the go all freaking day. Right around the kids' bedtime I checked my email for something I had been waiting for, and ended up getting drawn into other stuff. As things went on, I could hear my kids in the living room, watching TV with Brian.
I really needed to get them into bed, but it felt so good to just sit there and veg and mess around with whatever it was (actually, I think I started checking everyone's blogs, LOL).
Anyway, I sat there for an HOUR before I finally made myself go be a mom and put my poor kids to bed. When I went into the living room, this is what I saw:
My first thought was, My poor kids were waiting for me so long they actually fell asleep!!
My second thought was, Score! All I have to do now is carry them to bed!
So, after taking a few close-ups, that's exactly what I did:
Do I get the Mother of the Year Award now??





7 comments:
That is HILARIOUS! I love the sleeping positions. And...I think it's a great idea to wait until your kids are asleep to put them to bed. No more arguing about going to bed - YAY!
Nice tactic! I would love to try it except they wouldn't sit still long enought to fall asleep--I think they would be pestering me at the computer.
And its true. . . everyone only sees the "good side" on our blogs. Do you want to hear about me waking up late, not getting to shower, frantically pushing the kids out the door to school, being totally unproductive all day, not knowing what to fix for dinner, getting frustrated at making my kids do homework and practice, and losing my patience before bedtime? Because that right there was my Monday, for ya. . . I may have to stick to the "happily ever after blogging". :)
You crack me up. I've had similar conversations. I try really hard to make my blog reality because if you've ever talked to me, you know I don't sugar coat. :) I don't have a perfect child, I don't have a perfect husband, I don't have much patience for either of them and my life is typically chaos. But I'm usually happy, so I'm not afraid to share my life. And when I'm not happy, I'm not afraid to share that either.
And there is nothing wrong with being on the computer for an hour. Good for you. Take a minute to relax. The kids probably forgot by the morning where they fell asleep. If they didn't, they probably woke up thinking they had the coolest mom for letting them fall asleep in front of the TV.
I love those pictures. That is nice they all fell asleep. Sometimes you need nights like that. I know I enjoy my alone time.
Thanks for the comment on my blog! First, I have to say that this post was very funny... I would have had the exact same reaction -- a slight amount of guilt followed by intense relief! ;-) Second, that french bread really does take less than an hour! Using my KitchenAid to mix/knead the dough, it takes me less than 10 minutes of actual WORK from start to finish -- and I have bread out of the oven to eat in exactly an hour with the rise/bake times! Try that orange rolls recipe too (linked in the french bread post)... same friend who created the french bread recipe -- more work, but TO DIE FOR YUMMY!!!!!
Good bloggin' with ya! ;-)
How funny that they would ALL crash, even on the tile floor?!?! HA HA! I love it. Thanks for keeping it real.
I'm so glad you posted this. I have a really hard time not comparing myself to others when I read blogs. I always end up feeling like I'm lacking in some way. I try to look at it as being inspired or finding new ideas from other moms, but it's still hard to not compare.
Post a Comment